[JW Lua] SetCustomOffset resets manually adjusted slur offset

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Feb 14 16:40:50 CET 2017

Jari,

when I have a slur where an endpoint has been _manually _adjusted (e.g.
shifted a bit up) and then I call SetCustomOffset with any value (!), it
always "removes" the offset (i.e. the offset value is still in memory,
but the slur is set to not use the custom offset).

Maybe this video and script below helps solving the very old
SetCustomOffset issue first mentioned in our email conversation from
2014/7/20.

Screencam video: https://youtu.be/iDnkV6AMsRg
I create a slur, adjust the left position and run the script below: once
with SetCustomOffset set to false and once with true. Both times the
manual offset of the slur disappears. So it seems to be impossible to
set a custom offset for slurs with JW Lua. According to the online
documentation I would have expected when calling SetCustomOffset(false)
- as it is a left shape segment - that the custom offset would have
remained visible.

Script:
local marks=finale.FCSmartShapeMeasureMarks()
marks:LoadAll()
for m in each(marks) do
     local s=m:CreateSmartShape()
     if s:IsSlur() then