[JW Lua] Value of FCEntryMetrics:GetLastDotPosition() if the note doesn't have a dot

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Jan 3 14:37:29 CET 2017

Jari,

why does FCEntryMetrics:GetLastDotPosition() return a value slightly
smaller than FCEntryMetrics:GetStemRightPosition() if an up-stem note
entry _doesn't_ have a dot ?
Shouldn't GetLastDotPosition() at least have the same value as
GetStemRightPosition() so that it's possible to always use
LastDotPosition as the right border of the (up-stem) note (i.e. the is
either the right stem or the last dot position depending on what is bigger).

For example in a score I got these results for a non-dotted quarter note:
FCEntryMetrics:GetLastDotPosition()  returned 2247  (what position does
this refer to ? It's slightly before the right stem)
FCEntryMetrics:GetStemRightPosition() returned 2252 (which was indeed
the position of the right stem)
The corresponding augmentation dot settings from the document options were:
Dot/Note Space:8
Dot Space:8

I suspected that stem connections could have created this. But it's the
same result without stem connections.

Best,