[JW Lua] JW Lua 32bit/64bit differences?

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sun Mar 19 16:12:50 CET 2017

Jan,

The JW Lua scripts should be expected to work the same, from the script
developers POV.

I try to keep the same Lua version (5.2.3) on both 32 and 64-bit. That
seems to work.

There's a bit of a struggle on the Mac side to get all 3rd part open
source components to work together in 64-bit, but I hope to solve those
issues without workarounds.

Internally, the Finale PDK has been pretty good on specifying the exact
bit widths for data, so Finale data should generally be compatible.

The exception seems to be that 64-bit Finale seems to have dropped
support for non-Unicode PDK API data (earlier there were both 8-bit and
UTF16 versions). I think that's the cause to the issue that you reported
about the font names not being correctly reported in FCFontInfo etc. I
need to find all those occurences.