[JW Lua] Solving the font name unicode issue

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Wed Mar 29 11:48:33 CEST 2017

> Classes and/or methods that are related to external Finale files
> (which is where the percussion stuff is), text things (Unicode) and
> Finale versions can be affected.
Jari, if you need a music font that uses a unicode font name for testing
in Finale, there is only one I know:
"capella-Früherziehung" which is available in the demo of the notation
software Capella:
http://www.capella-software.com/us/index.cfm/download/capella/download-capella/

It is also good for testing (in for Fin2014.5 too), as it includes a
second name (capella-Frueherziehung). So it can be addressed in multiple
ways. Maybe this helps solving the unicode font name problem?

If you look into the font name handling function, I remind you of the
other font name bug:
JW Lua had problems with font names that include brackets, like "Tuplet
Numbers (Sonata)" (from Matthew Hindson's free fonts). See my mail from
2015-12-21.

Best,