[JW Lua] Last rest of measure disappearing after swapping the layer ... possible workaround

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Nov 14 14:06:20 CET 2017

I have been working a bit more on this issue. A possible workaround
seems to be:

1.) Check if the destination layer of the "measure to swap" is empty
2.) If not, continue with 3.). If so, then fill _all _(!) measures of
this staff that have notes on the source layer, but an empty destination
layer, with a temporary note on the destination layer (it's not enough
to fill them in the measure to swap only!)
3.) Swap layers
4.) If 2.), then remove the temporarily added notes in all measures

This works at least on my two test files.
I haven't checked, but probably it will be sufficient to fill all
measures starting from the current measure until the end of the piece
with temporary notes. Probably the measures before are unaffected from
the layer swap.