[JW Lua] Get angle of beams?

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:48:24 CEST 2017

Hi, dear Lua users,

I was wondering if anybody knew, how to obtain the angle of a beam? I've
looked through the classes, but found nothing, and currently have no idea
how to approach such an issue.

The reason I ask is this: I would like to connect groups of beamed notes
that are distributed over various measures (at least over 2 measures...).

I know that there is Patterson Beams, but from my experience they won't
work as soon as there is a system or page break. So I go for the manual
solution (extending the beams on either site) and have the impression that
the most difficult part in doing so is getting the angle right. (Adjusting
the height would also be great, but that's another step...)

Or is there already a solution out there???

Thank you!!!
Best greatings, Robert