[JW Lua] Chaining plugins...

Simon Leclerc simon at prodsl.ca
Mon Oct 9 15:19:17 CEST 2017

Hi to all,

I was chaining different plugins I wrote and to my surprise, some of them won’t perform well (or not at all) once they’re in a chain. One by one, no problem.
I was wondering if JW Lua was performing some kind of update or garbage disposal when I use them one by one, which is not anymore present when they are chained.

I use this approach for chaining them (x and y being the names of the plugins with their paths):

finale.FCEntryMetrics.MarkMetricsForRebuild()
finale.FCCellMetrics.MarkMetricsForRebuild()
local _file_to_execute = assert(loadfile(“x.lua"))
_file_to_execute()

finale.FCEntryMetrics.MarkMetricsForRebuild()
finale.FCCellMetrics.MarkMetricsForRebuild()
local _file_to_execute = assert(loadfile(“y.lua"))
_file_to_execute()

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Simon Leclerc