[JW Lua] Beatchart

Mr.Pat Mr.Pat at pdreditions.com
Tue Apr 24 03:30:25 CEST 2018

Jari et al,

FCBeatChartElement.FullSpan returns a number that corresponds to "Total
Width" in the Beat Chart dialog box. What does that number really refer to?
Measures of identical width have different values. When you drag a beat to a
different position using the handles in the beat chart, the Total Width
number changes, sometimes significantly. It also changes to a same number
when measures are the same width.

I have a plugin that I wrote years ago using the Finale2000 PDK. I converted
it to JWLua in 2016. The program combines all the measures in a staff into a
single measure and then spaces the notes equally across the measure. It
actually does a lot more than that, but that's the basic function. If I use
FCBeatChartElement.FullSpan for the measure width I get different results
than I do after I drag one beat in the beat chart and then run the plugin.
I've had to use the drag-a-beat workaround for 18 years now and I'm tired of
doing it. Every few years I try to figure out how to make FullSpan work. I'm
lost. Any suggestions?????

Thanks in advance.

Pat