[JW Lua] Repeat Brackets Hide Mysteriously

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Jul 2 13:08:50 CEST 2019

Jari et al,

I have a problem with an ending repeat bracket. Attached is an excerpt
from an orchestra score.
When I want to add a "separate placement" (i.e. a change of the bracket
offsets only for this staff), the repeat bracket always hides. The
following code is the excerpt which leads to the hiding in the attached
document:

local endrep=finale.FCEndingRepeat()
if endrep:Load(5) then   --i.e. load bracket in measure 5
     endrep.IndividualPositioning=true --not really required here as it
is already true in the document, just for better understanding
     local sep=endrep:CreateSeparatePlacements()
     local s=sep:AssureStaffPlacement(1)    -- i.e. create separate
placement element for staff 1 -> this leads to the hiding
     --... here follows the part which sets the offsets, but it's not
required for this problem, the staff becomes hidden
end

Can anyone explain this?
Or in other words: each bracket in Finale has a show/hide property. How
can I address show/hide of brackets in JW Lua?
FCSeparatePlacement only has offset values, but no visibility
properties. Same for FCEndingRepeat.
(Of course, you can also handle this over staff lists, but I assume they
don't have anything to do with show/hide property)