[JW Lua] Hairpins

Martin Marris mmarris at notecraft.com
Fri Dec 25 12:46:52 CET 2020

Just a quick note that I've disabled the hairpin code for the moment.

I had forgotten the obvious point that the units used for the offsets are duration units, not absolute units. What this means is that a brute-force approach that subtracts a fixed number of units from the Y offset of the end-point will yield a horizontal shift that depends on the time signature. I was just working on a piece that is in 3/8 and it was pulling back the endpoint far too much. (The original code was only tested on a piece that was in 4/4.)

So the offset needs to be calculated contextually, depending on the time signature, which should be easy to implement. Unless one of you thinks my reasoning is off-base.

Merry Christmas.

Martin