[JW Lua] JW Lua doesn't save its folder and menu settings with certain Windows user names!

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Jan 14 19:38:51 CET 2020

Hi Jari et al,

today I have noticed that JW Lua doesn't save its folder and menu
settings, if the Windows 10 user names use certain symbols.
Probably JW Lua can't read the
c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\roaming\makemusic folder
I didn't know that this was possible in Windows 10 at all (I sometimes
had problems in Windows 7 when I used the console, but never yet in Win10).
Here is the Windows user (folder) name in Hebrew that leads to JW Lua
not saving the folder and menu structures.
ארי של אורי

Maybe it's the symbols? Or the right-to-left order in Hebrew? I don't know.

Best,