[JW Lua] Weird accidental behaviour

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Wed Jul 8 15:21:09 CEST 2020

This is a perfect use case for the Enigma Text Dump plugin I sent out a
couple of days ago.

1. Dump your accidtest.musx file using the plugin.
2. Nudge an accidental right then left, so its position is unchanged.
3. Dump the file again using the plugin.
4. Compare.

I just did it, to make sure it works, but I already knew the answer. This
behavior of accidentals had a subtle change around 2000. I don't remember
the exact date. If the handle is on the left, it means there is no
FCAccidentalMod detail for that note. If it is on the right, it means there
is.

You can use the same process as above to determine what your offsets need
to be.

1. Dump your original accidtest.musx file using the plugin.
2. Place the accidental where you want it to be.
3. Dump the file again using the plugin.
4. Compare

I hope this helps.