[JW Lua] Finale crashes on Japanese fonts with FCFileInfoText:LoadComposer()

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sun May 10 22:04:36 CEST 2020

Jari et al.,

if I set the composer field in the Score manager to the following
combination of Japanese and Western letters (with copy&paste), Finale
crashes when calling  FCFileInfoText:LoadComposer() :
原 塁ABC

Hope this text is sent correctly through the email, otherwise I'll post
a Finale document with the text in a second email.

Code snippet:
local fileinfo=finale.FCFileInfoText()
fileinfo:LoadComposer()

The same crash occurs with the other FCFileInfoText objects (arranger,
title etc.)

I think it's caused because of the empty space which is symbol U-3000 in
unicode (called "IDEOGRAPHIC SPACE").
There was a JW Lua thread some years (resulting from the work on my
music font comparison) where I noticed that some unicode symbols lead to
crashes of JW Lua/Finale.
I haven't found the email, but if I recall it correctly it was some
multiples of 0x100 (though it didn't affect all multiples).
If I change the second symbol to U-3001 it doesn't crash. This is the
following snippet:
原、塁ABC

Best,