[JW Lua] Beam Extension Dependency on Measure Width

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Oct 2 12:47:00 CEST 2020

Hi,

a client has sent me an interesting phenomenon which I wasn't aware of:
If a document uses Finale's beam extension feature, the beam extension
is sensitive to changes of the measure width which otherwise may have no
visible effect. This video demonstrates it:
https://youtu.be/G8hoV7y8eh8
Changing the measure width changes the beam extension, but nothing else.

It would be great, if I could prevent this (by scaling the beam
extension with the measure width change) as my Perfect Layout plug-in
usually changes the measure width through its own spacing algorithm.
Does anyone know if this beam extension parameter is accessible in JW
Lua? I didn't find it.

Attached is the test document from the video.

Best,