[JW Lua] Fastest method for converting real whole rests to default whole rests

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Thu Oct 22 14:49:17 CEST 2020

Without access to the Framework's implementation source code it is
difficult to guess where the bottleneck is at the PDK level. However, a
likely explanation is that the lua code is creating a TGF (expensive) for
every layer in every FCCell to check if there are any notes. The first
thing I would try is loading FCCellFrameHold on each cell. If there isn't
one for the cell, you don't have to check for entries because it's already
a default whole rest.