[JW Lua] Question from new user

Emile Meuffels e.meuffels at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:03:39 CEST 2020

Hi,

I am completely new to JW Lua, I have downloaded in only a few days ago,
but already managed to write a script which saves me a ton of time! Thanks
a lot for that!

I do have a question, might be very basic but I couldn't find an answer. My
script counts all the notes in a piece, sorts them by midi-value and prints
it to the Execution Output window. That works great as long as I'm in the
Lua-plugin, but after saving my plugin to the plugin folder, I don't get
any result after running the plugin.
I probably need to add some additional code to display the results in a
popup window, but I have no idea how to do that. Could anybody please point
me in the right direction to solve this?

All the best,

Emile