[JW Lua] Deleting a staff...

Simon Leclerc simon at prodsl.ca
Sun Aug 29 21:21:42 CEST 2021

Hi to all,

When I delete a staff, using either DeleteData or DeepDeleteData, the staff disappears from the screen but if I run another script to get a list of all the staves (with their ItemNo and Name) available, the staff is still in the list.

The same thing happens even if I delete it manually using the “Delete Staves” or “Delete Staves and reposition” command in Finale.

The only way I found to get the list to be updated properly  is to do a file maintenance with “Remove deleted items”. Then afterwards the list is ok.

I tried to incorporate an “UpdateFullLayout” of the "StaffSystems” class, but to no avail.

Any idea what class needs to be updated so the deleted staff is not anymore considered as existing?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Simon Leclerc