[JW Lua] Undocumented finaleplugin fields and RGP Lua

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Thu Dec 2 21:45:55 CET 2021

I've discovered some undocumented fields that JW Lua recognizes in the
finaleplugin namespace.

MinJWLuaVerison
MaxJWLuaVersion

These accept a numeric version, e.g. 0.54. If the current version of JW Lua
is greater than the min or less than the max, JW Lua shows the menu item
but refuses to run the script. Instead it shows an error message. My plan
is for RGP Lua not to even load such scripts.

MinFinaleVersion
MaxFinaleVersion

I would like RGP Lua to recognize these as well, but only if they use the
raw Finale version. If they use the Finale year, I see little point. (For
64-bit JW Lua, the version year seems to be always 9999.) Does anyone know
how these work? Is there a reason to continue supporting them?

Thanks