[JW Lua] RGP Lua and some info

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at outlook.com
Mon Dec 6 22:33:10 CET 2021

Hello All!

After quite some time, here's some short info from me!

For personal reasons, I currently don't have any time at all to work on
any extra stuff. My focus is required elsewhere. I understand this
becomes a huge problem for the users of the JW plug-ins (such as JW Lua)
concerning bug fixes and new Finale versions and such things.

So I'm extremely grateful that Robert is willing to make his own
adaption of the JW Lua script engine, as well as having the possibility
to make bug fixes to the PDK Framework when needed! Robert's RGP Lua
plug-in should be considered to be a later version than mine older JW
Lua plug-ins.

Here is some background info: I have agreed to Makemusic to host my PDK
Framework on their private github, to make it accessible to other
3rd-party plug-in developers (under NDA), such as Robert. Due to its
exposure to the Finale PDK, I will not publish the PDK Framework as open
source (as I've incorrectly stated in the PDK Framework docs). This now
makes it possible for Robert to hook up Lua to the PDK Framework, and
create his own plug-in implementation.

Regarding updates to other JW plug-ins (not JW Lua)? There will be news
on this later on.