[JW Lua] FCLuaIterator class

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Wed Oct 6 17:33:10 CEST 2021

Interesting. Based on the Lua docs, it seems as though iterators like
FCLuaIterator were the only way to do loops in the early days of Lua. So it
makes sense that there would be one.

Jari saying that makes me wonder if the jwlua for loop iterators aren't
written in lua code rather than c++. (Then added into the jwlua environment
before the plugin is invoked.) I've been doing some experimentation with
embedding lua, and that's the most straightforward way I've found to
provide functions for loop iteration from c++.

By contrast, FCLuaIterator is definitely C++. It's documented in the PDK
Framework.