[JW Lua] Convert FCExpression::GetHorizontalPos() to staff spaces

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Tue Sep 28 16:28:41 CEST 2021

Am 28.09.21 um 15:48 schrieb Robert Patterson:
> Not to get all Douglas Adamsy on you, the literal answer to your question in the subject of this thread is 24. That is, a staff space is 24 evpus.

But ist that always the case?  At least for GetHorizontalPos() it does not seem to be.  Also, some official Finale documentation says that EVPUs are an absolute measurement with 288 EVPUs per inch.  Or I just don't get it.  At least the absolute Expression offset stays the same and does not change proportinally when changing the staff size.

> But it seems your question is really about how to scale evpu relative to staff percentages.
>
> This depends on what you are trying to do. If I recall correctly, expression position scales with system percent but perhaps not with staff percent. You will have to scale your evpu to the correct frame for your project. This can be a tedious and backwards kind of process. You will need to use FCCellMetrics::StaffScaling to do this, and these will of course be different in each score or part.

FCCellMetrics::StaffScaling is probably what I am looking for – many thanks!  I was searching for the wrong keywords.

--

Notengrafik Berlin GmbH
HRB 150007

UstID: DE 289234097