[JW Lua] RGP Lua Version 0.60 Released

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Tue Feb 1 20:28:56 CET 2022

This message is to announce the release of RGP Lua Version 0.60
<https://robertgpatterson.com/-fininfo/-rgplua/rgplua.html>.

The main improvements in this version are:

- Added finenv.RetailLuaState that allows scripts to maintain state across
invocations.
- Revised the Class Browser to take advantage of retained state. (This is a
major improvement.)
- Bug fixes and a couple of esoteric additions for Perfect Layout.

Full details are in the version history
<https://robertgpatterson.com/-fininfo/-rgplua/vershist.html>.

In addition, Nick Mazuk and I have created a new Finale Lua
<https://www.finalelua.com/> site that consolidates a great deal of
documentation as well as a wide range of freely downloadable Lua scripts
for Finale. We are hoping to avoid a single point of failure for
maintaining future Finale compatibility with Lua.