[JW Lua] Easy additions for Dashboard-style scripts

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Mon Jul 4 03:06:49 CEST 2022

I've started thinking about what we would need for dashboard-like scripts.
I've already added (for the next version of RGP Lua) FCControl.SetFont and
FCCtrlStatic.SetTextColor. Eventually I would like to implement a
current-layer-monitor window that shows the current layer in a
presbyopia-friendly font size and color matching the layer number.
(Unfortunately, right now the only means to determine the current layer
requires editing the document, so it doesn't work in a dashboard. But I'm
hoping Finale may rectify this one day.) Anyway, short of new types of
controls, can this group think of any useful additions that might aid a
dashboard?