[JW Lua] FCLuaIterator problem: no entries detected if EndMeasurePos==StartMeasurePos

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Sat May 28 14:53:18 CEST 2022

Okay, I suddenly realized that we are discussing a region where the end
position is equal to the start position. (I guess I needed my morning
coffee to realize this.) A selected region goes from the start position to
(but not including) the end position. If start == end, then the region is
empty. The bug here (if we want to call it that) is actually in the
built-in functions eachentry and eachentrysaved which do not recognize that
the region is empty. (Specifically it's the FCMusicRegion:IsEntryPosWithin
function that should return false in this case.)

Think about it: the Finale UI does not allow selecting a region where start
== end.

I am certainly not going to change eachentry or eachentrysaved. And I am
disinclined to change FCLuaIterator, so perhaps I'll add a clarifying
comment.