[JW Lua] macOS: Starting plug-ins with the ExecuteOSMenuCommand/MenuPositionCommand doesn't work

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Fri Nov 11 13:04:09 CET 2022

Robert,

is there any trick for starting plug-ins from within a lua script with
the finenv.UI():ExecuteOSMenuCommand***on macOS*?

On macOS I haven't succeeded neither with ExecuteOSMenuCommand nor with
MenuPositionCommand.
On Windows both functions works fine.

finenv.UI():GetOSMenuCommandFromItemText seems to work fine on macOS.
Or it least it returns a value that seems to be valid (2033201231).

In the documentation it says that on macOS the Finale *document window
must be in focus*.
Is this the problem? Can I force the document to be in focus?
I have tried finenv.UI():ActivateDocumentWindow ()  or
finenv.UI():MenuCommand(finale.MENUCMD_SELECTIONTOOL) directly before
finenv.UI():ExecuteOSMenuCommand.
It doesn't work.

Do you have a working example lua script to start any plug-in from the
Finale Plug-ins menu on macOS?

This topic has already been twice on the mailing list for
MenuPositionCommand() (see below).
But with no answers yet.

I had an interesting request for which I developed a working Windows
script. But it doesn't work on macOS yet.
The request was for a script that starts another plug-in, but applies
the plug-in only to all parts, not to the score.

Jan

--
Jan Angermüller
Orchideenstieg 13