[JW Lua] JW Lua cross-platform compatibility issues (io.popen) - finally solved

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Thu Oct 13 11:45:57 CEST 2022

Hello everyone,

I have just noticed that RGP Lua/macOS now supports the command io.popen
for all direct system accesses.
This was not possible in JW Lua/macOS - only on Windows (see old issue
from 2016 below).
That's great news!

This can reduce the number of false positive alerts from antivirus
software when io.popen is used instead of os.execute.
On Windows I can confirm that this already improved the antivirus behaviour.

Jan