[JW Lua] Debugging in Windows

Aaron Sherber aaron at sherber.com
Tue Feb 14 23:47:45 CET 2023

Hi all,

In order to do some Lua debugging outside of Finale, I installed the Lua
for Windows package from https://github.com/rjpcomputing/luaforwindows. But
this package comes with Lua 5.1, and I'd like to have the 5.2 interpreter
so that it matches what's in RGPLua.

Does anyone have any experience setting up the Lua 5.2 binaries on Windows
along with luasocket? The binaries themselves are no problem, but I wasn't
able to get luasocket going; all the instructions I found for luasocket and
luarocks were Linux-centric. I was hoping there'd be some solution that
involved just downloading some zip files and putting things on my path,
instead of needing to resort to magic incantations.

Thanks,
Aaron.