[JW Lua] Startup script

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Sat Feb 18 19:07:18 CET 2023

> Of all those, the one that confuses me is the date one. Does os.date()
> open a command-prompt window on Windows? Is the goal to present the
> date in the user's preferred locale format? Or is it to get a sortable
> value for the date? (Or some other reason?)
yes, the date result from Powershell is also used for other things that
os.date() can't do.
For example, it is also used for a "is PowerShell available at all?" check.
So it depends a bit on which of the other functions are converted to
built-in RGP Lua functions.
If all other functions are available through RGP Lua, I think I can find
a workaround with os.date().