[JW Lua] Embed a JSON interpreter (cjson? dkjson?)

Robert Patterson robert at robertgpatterson.com
Thu Mar 23 01:04:40 CET 2023

I just discovered that the Exasol database engine has an embedded Lua
interpreter similar to ours. I found a series of blog posts about their
efforts to upgrade from Lua 5.1 to Lua 5.4 (written last November.)

Like us, they embed LuaSocket. Another thing they do is embed cjson. Is
that something we should think about doing for our embedded Lua? I already
know of three Finale Lua scripts that use a json formatter, and there will
probably be more.

Robert