[JW Lua] Updating expression categories

Aaron Sherber aaron at sherber.com
Fri Mar 24 14:06:29 CET 2023

Hi all,

If I use FCCategoryDef to change the font of a category, it appears that
existing expressions which are set to use the category font don't
automatically pick up this change. If I go into the Expression Designer,
the expressions still show using their old font. I need to uncheck and
recheck "Use Category Fonts" in order to get each expression to update.
Doing this in code (i.e., looping through FCTextExpressionDefs and setting
UseCategoryFont to false and then true and saving) doesn't seem to work
either.

Is there some programmatic way to get expressions to recognize changes to
their categories?

Thanks,
Aaron.