[JW Lua] macOS: Starting plug-ins with the ExecuteOSMenuCommand/MenuPositionCommand doesn't work

Jan Angermüller jan at angermueller.com
Tue Apr 9 16:43:29 CEST 2024

Has anybody found a solution to the issue that on macOS some Finale
plug-ins can't be called from within Lua?
(described in details the old emails below)

I am trying to call the "Change default to whole note rests" plug-in
from within a lua script.
It works fine on Windows. But on MacOS calling ExecuteOSMenuCommand has
no effect.
However, the result of the ExecuteOSMenuCommand call is true on macOS.

To set the focus I have tried different variations of
finenv.UI():ActivateDocumentWindow ()  and/or
finenv.UI():MenuCommand(finale.MENUCMD_SELECTIONTOOL) directly before
ExecuteOSMenuCommand .
But still it doesn't work.

finenv.UI():GetOSMenuCommandFromItemText works fine on both Windows and
macOS.

Jan