[JWplugins] New plug-in: JW Meter and Rhythm v1.00

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Wed Nov 14 15:21:59 CET 2012

Hello!

A bit longer plug-in announcement than usual...

It's now 2 years since I started developing my Finale PDK Framework
(which all my current plug-ins are based on). So I celebrate this by
releasing a "new generation" plug-in, called "JW Meter and Rhythm".

My plug-in development will in the future move more towards bunching
similar tasks together in larger plug-ins, rather than to have lots of
small plug-ins. Those of you familiar with the JW Change beta versions
(which currently includes around 150 tasks) knows the basic concept.

This new plug-in released today (JW Meter and Rhythm) introduces
"setting panels" in the user interface, and many future plug-ins will be
based on the same concept. If you have any thoughts about the user
interface or the plug-in, please let me know!

"JW Meter and Rhythm" v1.00 includes these tasks:
* Transform meter (including metronome marks) to a larger/smaller meter
* Transform between triplet and compound meters (including metronome marks)
* Transform between compound and non-compound meters
* Create time signatures based on the contents
* Create cadenza measures/passages based on the contents
* Unhide the cadenza measure time sigs/barlines
* Create time signatures based on the contents, but keep the displayed
time signature
* Expand/shrink the contents of the measure to cover the time signature
* Create or remove swing notation rhythms
* Create/sharpen/flatten/remove dotted rhythms

A demonstration video of most of the v1.00 features is available at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmzOQfXfqKI

The plug-in works for Finale 2010 and above. It's available for download
from the Finale tips site: www.finaletips.nu (click on "Downloads" to
the left)