[JWplugins] Tempo/dynamics texts for custom smart lines

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Apr 26 12:00:43 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-25 15:09, Christopher Smith wrote:

> Is the plugin going to edit the text, the positioning, the horizontal
> status, the "hook" at the end, or everything? There is a particular issue
> with the above lines, in that they all have to be manually positioned to
> avoid notes, stems, slurs and articulations. In the case of the "fill"
> smart line, it often happens over a measure of drum slashes that have an
> (8) above the measure and the two collide.

Changing the text is not part of the current plans, but pretty much the
rest of it (and the edits will be local to the region). However, there
are some issues I need to address in the UI before I can add regional
changes of hooks, dash lengths and similar stuff. I have not yet decided
on the best UI approach for the non-custom line/dashed line tools.

BTW, a big reason for me personally to be able to sort custom smart
shapes by a tempo filter is for a task called "Score List Visibility".
Example: The score goes "Tempo 1   accelerando -----------  Tempo 2"
"Tempo 1" and "Tempo 2" are expressions and can be handled efficiently
by categories with a Score List (which will normally show it in all
parts, but on just on a few staves in the score). Hiding the
"accelerando -----------" custom smart shapes to match the score list is
currently quite tedious, IMO.

Another specific task to the smarts shape lines is to be able to swap
the style of the smart shape. I often get files where glissando lines
have been entered as tab slides, for example.