[JWplugins] Question about plug-in name for layers

KennethKen at aol.com KennethKen at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 17:25:24 CET 2013

Just to clarify...this plugin will NOT manipulate or edit music that
resides in what Finale calls Voice 2? You mention voices twice before stating
that it won't be related to Finale's voices so I just want to be sure. I
assume you mean the plug is design to work with counterpoint (i.e. multiple
"voices").

If yes, then Eric's suggestion of "JW Layers" is very simple and to the
point. Anyone who uses layers or wants to use layers in Finale will understand
 the name. Anyone who is engraving counterpoint in Finale and doesn't know
what a  "Layer" is in Finale should RTM before using the plugin.

If you want something that indicates that the plugin has cross/multiple
staff functionality you could use "JW Contrapuntal Lines" (or the more
Latin-flavored, "JW Contrapunctus").

Another option would be "JW Explosion/Implosion" or "JW
Explosion/Reduction".

Yes, using "lines" without a reference to the type of lines is misleading -
 "Layers" is a Finale programming term, "Lines", as you want to use it, is
more  of a musical term. A user may think you're referring to the drawing
tools in  Finale.

So this plugin would NOT replace or mimic the functions of TGTool Smart
Explosion of Multi-part Staves, right?

Ken

In a message dated 1/8/2013 10:29:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,