[JWplugins] Access to the plugins

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre yorkmasterbbb at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 11:47:23 CET 2013

No pity asked for, but despite successful surgery my eyes aren’t what they used to be. They don’t like volatile objects like long menus.

I remembered our talks about the swelling hairpins, but forgot they were part of the Pattern plugin (which I found out about by going back to the Jari’s download page). Anyway I didn’t like the menu behaviour and tried a workaround by clicking my desktop alias for the JW plugins folder. Gave me a better overview, but the plugins cannot be triggered from that folder.

Jari mentioned that the windows of the multifunctional plugins could be left open, if one has enough screen area, which I have. Thinking from there I would like to ask whether it is possible to have an open window giving access to all of Jari’s plugins? The Yadadadada plugin is a one off function placed at the bottom of the menu list, which is very impractical when I write timpani rolls.

And while I am at it:

The hairpin swell function is a great relief as it is. But I currently are editing one of the not so many works by Richard Strauß, which is in the public domain, because he sold the copyright in 1909. He uses the hairpin swells in a more complex way. Some parts have the swell over a whole note filling out a 4/4 bar. No problem at all for the Pattern plugin. But then other sections of the ensemble have the exact same swells at the bars in the score. Only these parts have the said whole note tied to a previous or to a following representation of the same pitch. Even if I only selected the vertical one-bar stack, the swellings of the latter parts/sections had the swellings spread over the full length of the representation of that pitch to the left and/or to the right.

Would it be possible for an option limiting the swells to the positively selected rhythmic values and not involving the adjacent notes when these are tied?

There is a work around still easier than individual manual placements. I set the copying filter to smart shapes attached to bars and copied the swells from the parts with no adjacent tied notes.

Klaus