[JWplugins] Cautionary Accidentals - follow-up

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sun Mar 3 22:52:29 CET 2013

Hello again!

After some investigation, I'm going to take a bit different approach to
the Cautionary Accidentals plug-in and try to take it a bit further. A
huge problem for me personally - with the approach every notation
program (that I know of) seems to use - is that the process is automatic
based on rules, with no editorial control of the added/changed
cautionary accidentals.

My current design goal is to present a list to the user with the
suggested accidental changes. The user will then be able to confirm all
changes - or just some of the accidental changes.

Also, the user will not get the options directly in the window. Instead,
all settings will be in selectable/editable settings profiles.

If you have objections to this design model, please let me know.

Another thing: if you have small sample documents where Finale's
standard plug-in for cautionary accidentals doesn't work, please e-mail
these to me. Although my code base is completely different from that
plug-in, I don't want to repeat identical mistakes. :-) Thanks!