[JWplugins] Cautionary plug-in feature set

KennethKen at aol.com KennethKen at aol.com
Thu Mar 7 17:58:50 CET 2013

I think any of these are more specific:

    1.  "Staves as Independent Instruments" - This goes with your "Layers
as  Independent Instruments".
    2.  "Cross-Stave/Instrument Checks"
    3.  "Full Selected Vertical Region Checks" (although, with the
"Cautionary  Measure Span" option it suggests that checks are applying cautionary
accidentals are done horizontally as well)
The problem with "Cross-Instrument Checks" is that in Finale instruments
(same or different) can be used on the same staff or on different staves so
that  wording doesn't actually tell me how it's checking things.

Does the grand stave option accomodate 3-stave organ and piano  writing?

Ken

In a message dated 3/7/2013 11:30:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se writes:

On  2013-03-07 17:09, KennethKen at aol.com wrote:

> Does  "Cross-Instrument" checks mean "multi-stave/instrument" checks?

It  means that it compares accidentals against the full selected region
(vertically).

A possible cautionary accidental for a note is  compared in this order:
1. Against the layer (if "Layers as Independent  Instruments" is checked
and it's not appearing on a grand staff (if that  option is checked).
2. Against the staff or grand staff
3. Against the  region if "Cross-Instrument Checks" is checked

Let me know if another  name for that option would make more sense.

Best  regards,

Jari  Williamsson

JWplugins  mailing  list
JWplugins at jwmusic.nu