[JWplugins] Cautionary plug-in feature set

David Ward david at monedie.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 22:10:30 CET 2013

Could one get round that in F 2010 by having a hidden bracket across all three staves for the organ as well as the visible bracket for the manuals? On a three (or more!) stave piano part all three staves would be covered by the bracket, so presumably it would work the same way as with two staves?

Thank you very much for supporting F 2010 in this and other plug-ins - I should upgrade some day, but …

regards
David

On 7 Mar 2013, at 20:28, Jari Williamsson wrote:

> On 2013-03-07 17:58, KennethKen at aol.com wrote:
>
>> Does the grand stave option accomodate 3-stave organ and piano  writing?
>
> I've not yet decided which Finale versions I should support. My aim is to support Fin2010 and above.
>
> If I would aim purely towards Fin2012, things become very easy - since a properly set up document in the Score Manager contains all the instrument grouping information for the 3-staff organ. And if I would only support Fin2012 I could go even further in auto-detecting instrument that are layered (for example: a staff defined as Clarinet on Fin2012 with multiple layers would automatically mean that the layers are different instruments on the same staff).
>
> In versions prior to Fin2012 (or with older imported documents), it's more of a guesswork. I don't think I could safely and correctly guess a 3-staff organ since the piano bracket only cover the top 2 staves.
>
> So on Fin2012 I hope to detect Organ through the Score Manager info, but not on earlier versions.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson

http://www.composers-uk.com/davidward

alternative e-mail addresses in case of problems

david at monedie.co.uk
monediecottage at gmail.com
decward at madasafish.com
davidedwardcrosbieward at googlemail.com