[JWplugins] JW Rhythm Copy - erases slurs in destination

Carl Vine carlvine at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 24 02:12:10 CEST 2014

JW Rhythm Copy has become a vital part of my workflow, and I can’t wait until you roll all of these into “JW Pattern”. That is going to be one incredibly powerful (and useful) utility!

When you do that, Jari, could you please note that JW Rhythm Copy (v1.04) currently erases slurs in the destination. It cleverly copies all of the source’s Note Expressions and Articulations to the destination(s), but erases all destination slurs without overlaying slurs from the source.

I understand and applaud your intention to combine your many little Plugs into a few mega-Plugs. But it is wonderful having single-purpose plugs as discrete menu items so they can easily be assigned KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS at system level (at least on Mac). Which is why I still retain your obsolete plug “JW Quick Explode”. Use it all the time via keystroke. I hope there will be a way to invoke specific JW actions with a single keystroke that won’t also demand a dozen clicks to select that one function. (Is it possible that JW Lua can select presets of other Plugs and add them to the menu?)

Carl
[MacOS Mavericks / Fin14]
carlvine at iinet.net.au
http://www.carlvine.com