[JWplugins] replace custom notehead

Joseph Weidinger jsphweid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:41:11 CEST 2015

You want a JW Lua script? I'm not completely sure what you're asking but it
sounds like it could be as easy as this script.

This just changes all notes in the selected region (could be the whole doc)
from x-shaped noteheads to 'mp' noteheads (because why the hell not... :p).
All you'd have to do is change 192 to whichever notehead you want to change
and then 80 to whichever notehead you want it to change to.

for entry in eachentrysaved(finenv.Region()) do
if entry:IsNote() then
for note in each(entry) do
local notehead_current = finale.FCNoteheadMod()
local notehead_new = finale.FCNoteheadMod()
notehead_current:LoadAt(note)
if notehead_current.CustomChar == 192 then -- if x-shaped (192)
notehead_new.CustomChar = 80 -- make a 'mp' (80)
notehead_new:SaveAt(note)