[JW Lua] JW Lua Beta 0.03 preview

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 25 15:28:58 CEST 2013

I have been looking forward to the release of Beta 0.03 since its earlier
announcement.  From what I see, it is getting close to being something that
is comprehensive enough to provide at least a start on saving and organizing
scripts, syntax highlighting, a class browser, and as shown in the demo, a
start on supporting user dialogs.  Now we need a debugging mode.  Jari is
doing a wonderful job by providing this package, and cannot be thanked
enough by us Finale users.  Finally we are getting a scripting language that
can supersede FinaleScript.  Unfortunately, FinaleScript has been plagued
with bugs and lack of documentation, which cripples it and renders it next
to useless.  JWLua, though requiring some programming skills and expertise
to use, is going to be a boon to Finale users.  Thanks again, Jari, and
looking forward to the next bag of goodies.

Charles Lawrence