[JW Lua] A little help getting off the ground

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 27 16:41:40 CEST 2013

Jari,

I have been struggling getting going with JWLua.  I am trying to use
FCNoteEntry to set the visibility of a note to false.  So far I have not met
with any success.  Would you be so kind as to provide a sample script that
simply loops through all the note entries in a selected measure and sets the
visibility of each entry to false?  I know you are busy, and I certainly
appreciate your efforts in providing JWLua, and studying the techniques in
this sample script would help me get off the ground.  Thanks in advance.

A problem I see with Beta 0.02 is that whenever I run a script, the cursor
becomes very sluggish and jerky until I close the JWLua window.  Then
everything goes back to normal response.  It seems that with the window left
open after executing a script, that Finale is grabbing up an excessive
amount of CPU time.  I see a similar behavior with FinaleScript.

A wish list item.  I know that Lua supports connecting to SQLite databases
through any of a number of extension packages that are available.  Will you
consider adding this capability to JWLua in some future release?

Thanks for all you do.  Can't wait for 0.03!

Charles Lawrence