[JW Lua] Create new staff + text block bug?

Bart Visser bartvisser at me.com
Sat Nov 9 21:49:41 CET 2013

Hi Jari et al,

Third post in 24 hours. I promise this will be my last one for the weekend :-)

I’m trying to build a new staff from scratch. The script runs without errors, but the newly created staff doesn’t show up in the score. Is there any function I should call to have it show up?

local new_name = finale.FCString()
new_name:SetLuaString("Flute")

local new_staff = finale.FCStaff()
new_staff:SetFirstClef(1)
new_staff:SaveFullNameString(new_name)
new_staff:SaveNew(1)

Also, if I create a new text block and try to horizontally align it, the text doesn’t align to the center of the page:

new_text.HorizontalAlignment = finale.TEXTHORIZALIGN_CENTER

But if I open and close the Frame Attributes via the Text-menu, it jumps straight to the center of the page. In other words: the text block has the right alignment-properties, but it isn’t put in the center of the page. Could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Bart Visser