[JW Lua] Create new staff + text block bug?

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sat Nov 9 22:57:49 CET 2013

On 2013-11-09 21:49, Bart Visser wrote:

> Third post in 24 hours. I promise this will be my last one for the weekend :-)

You're welcome to post as much as you need. I hope that the list users
have set up a filter to sort the JW Lua mails into a separate mail
folder, or to use the Digest version. ;-)

> I’m trying to build a new staff from scratch. The script runs without
> errors, but the newly created staff doesn’t show up in the score.
> Is there any function I should call to have it show up?

It's currently not supported by FCStaff and I've actually never done
that myself. I need to get back to you later on this topic. Even when
the staff has been created, there would be some additional work to be
done to get the staff displayed in the systems on a page.

Actually, if you look at the return value of SaveNew(), it would
probably return false, as an indication that nothing was saved.

> But if I open and close the Frame Attributes via the
> Text-menu, it jumps straight to the center of the page. In
> other words: the text block has the right alignment-properties,
> but it isn’t put in the center of the page. Could this be a bug?

Yes, Dave reported this a while ago. Finale's UI (in the Frame
Attributes) is automatically copying the info from the left to the
right-side page info if "Use right page positioning" is OFF.

The next beta will emulate the UI's behaviour. For now, you need to set
the HorizontalAlignmentRightPage property as well as a workaround.