[JW Lua] Text/String stuff

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Thu Oct 17 00:20:18 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-16 22:34, Charles O. Lawrence wrote:

> In experimenting with Dave Foster’s sample script, I must ask, where is
> the EnigmaString and its associated tags and usage documented?  I must
> have missed it.

In the distant dark ages of Finale, the Enigma text syntax was used
directly in Finale. There was no WYSIWYG editor. I think I started using
Finale in one of the last versions that included the direct Enigma text
syntax editing.

Anyhow, I have mostly used trial-and-error regarding the Enigma string
syntax in plug-ins, by printing out the existing text strings.

I'll create a Wiki page regarding Enigma text.

> It would be nice for hooks to the FCMeasureText(s) classes and
> associated properties/methods to be added to the next beta.

I'll add that.

> Also include the FCTextBlock class.

For what specifically do you need FCTextBlock? I try to hide FCTextBlock
from use as much as possible. For example, in FCPageText I put the text
justification directly in FCPageText (although it belongs to the
connected FCTextBlock object).