[JW Lua] Text/String stuff

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 17 04:05:08 CEST 2013

Jari,

You ask, For what specifically do you need FCTextBlock?

Only for completeness in understanding this Text/String stuff.  If you think
it is best to hide it and expose some of its functionality in other classes,
I would say you know best.

In particular, if I print the "raw EnigmaString" and the TextID of all page
attached text like this:

for pageText in loadall(finale.FCPageTexts()) do  -- >>>>> another question,
does this collection include all text on all pages in score and all parts?
<<<<<
	local thisText = pageText:CreateTextString()
	print(thisText.LuaString,pageText.TextID)
end

and then try to correlate the TextID with the ID's I see when I use Finale
"Text->Edit Text..." and scroll through the "text blocks" in the "Edit Text"
dialog, there is no correlation that I see, even though I am fairly certain
I am looking at the data for the "Title" text insert, for instance.  In fact
there are more ID's than TextID's, so obviously I am off track somewhere in
my understanding of the terminology in play here.  Clearly, I have more to
learn about this stuff!  Hopefully the new Wiki page on enigma text will
clear some of this up.

Charles Lawrence