[JW Lua] Has functionality of FCPart changed?

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 20 02:52:29 CEST 2013

Jari et al,

I am trying to loop through a range of parts.  I cannot get the following
concept to work.  According to the class browser examples, this should be
OK.  Has something radically different been implemented in the latest Beta?
I have beat my brains out trying to get this to work and get all sorts of
weird errors like "bad argument #2 to 'FCPart' (number expected, got no
value)".  Does FCPart() now require an argument, and if so what is it
supposed to be?

   -- loop through the parts

    local part = finale.FCPart()

    for p = loopStart,loopEnd do

        part:Load(p)

        part:SwitchTo()

        --do something to the part here

        part:SwitchBack()

    end

If I put the local part = finale.FCPart(p) inside the loop, then I get this
error, "attempt to call method 'Load' (a nil value)".  p is definitely not
nil.

   -- loop through the parts

    for p = loopStart,loopEnd do

        local part = finale.FCPart(p)