[JW Lua] JW Lua beta 0.09 available

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Tue Oct 22 21:24:05 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-22 20:51, Charles O. Lawrence wrote:

> I hate to be such a bother on this, but I still cannot make any sense out of
> what ItemCmper and ItemInci are.  What do Cmper and Inci signify?

In what scope? In the FCPageText scope, ItemCmper would be the page
number and ItemInci would be the subrecord number for objects stored on
that page:
http://www.finaletips.nu/frameworkref/class_____f_c_inci_other.html

> I see now where the new property StringID is the ID number
> you see in the Edit Text dialog box, but the TextBlockID, ItemCmper, and
> ItemInci properties still don't make any sense to me yet.  Maybe a chart of
> how they all relate to one another would clear it up.  This text stuff is
> way confusing!

I tried to explain it in the docs:
"Each FCPageText object is linked to a FCTextBlock, which is linked to a
raw text string object."

Please let me know how I should improve the docs. The TextBlockID is
used to load the FCTextBlock, the StringID is used to load the string,
although I currently hide the use of both these classes.

> Also, I cannot seem to find anything about the "Group Script" button on the
> manager page.  It is always ghosted for me.  Is there a Wiki page on the
> Manager tab?  It seems like I saw something sometime past, but I cannot find
> it now.

You need to have 2 items in a manual group for "Group Script" to be enabled.

No Wiki pages on the UI yet.