[JW Lua] Using the FCNoteEntryLayer class

Charles O. Lawrence charlesolawrence at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 12 22:47:19 CEST 2013

So far this "extremely simple" process has eluded me.  I have spun my wheels
for hours on this and have not managed to do anything but make either both
layers disappear or put layer 1 into layer 2 (black notes turn red) for the
staff in the entire document.  I can't seem to see the forest for the trees.
I guess I'm going to have to give in and ask for more help (grin).  I'm sure
CreateCloneEntries comes into play, but not being able to figure out the why
and how of many of the methods has left me nowhere.  The PDK docs are just a
little too sketchy in explaining why you want to use this or that method,
and my knowledge of the innards of Finale is very limited at this point.
In addition, I want this to work only for the selected region, but the
methods that have regions as arguments seem to all return FCNoteEntry
objects/collections.  You indicated no other class was needed.  Maybe it is
for regions, I'm not sure at this point.

I'm really getting a kick out of JWLua.  Keep it coming. Thanks,
Charles Lawrence