[JW Lua] Using the FCNoteEntryLayer class

Jari Williamsson jari.williamsson at mailbox.swipnet.se
Fri Sep 13 08:32:18 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-13 01:24, Charles O. Lawrence wrote:
> I was also under the mistaken notion that I would have to set the layer on
> each of the note entries, since Load() loads the note entries.  The way you
> manipulate things inside Finale is still somewhat of a mystery to me, but
> I'll keep plodding along, one step at a time.

For properties, you'll sometimes need to look at the documentation for
the setters and getters, which is the methods that do the actual work.
Sometimes, a setter does more internal stuff than just changing a value.
In this case, the setter FCNoteEntryLayer::SetLayerIndex contains the
documentation. Perhaps it's not detailed enough, I can expand it a bit
for the next update.

> BTW, when experimenting with this, I ran across what may be a bug/glitch in
> the editor.  I had a multi-line comment that I had created by using a
> construct like --[[.....]].

I'll look into this. Same bug appears when deleting other kinds of
collapsed code. Apparently the bug is known in the Scintilla editor
family. I'll see if I can work around it. Thanks!